Political Campaign - City CouncilDiane Travis for Clermont City Council
Diane Travis for Clermont City Council
Technology: WordPress, Web Design
View: N/A – taken down at campaign’s end
Diane Travis successfully ran for a seat on Clermont’s City Council. She needed a clean, easy to read interface where voters can find out about her campaign and upcoming events.
We used a one-page theme where all her information is available to visitors all at once. We also integrated an online calendar and an online donation form where supporters can donate using PayPal.
We developed this site in WordPress. WordPress offers many advantages over standard HTML-based websites, including:
- Content is easily added to the site in the form of posts and pages.
- An online editor is included and no programming or HTML knowledge is required.
- WordPress is SEO friendly. Appropriate meta tags and descriptions are added to the site automatically and major search engines are notified when new content is added.
- Thousands of plugins are available in order to extend its functionality.
- The style of the site can be changed to fit changing needs without a complete re-engineering of the site.
- WordPress is a secure platform that has controls in place to prevent unauthorized access.
- Additional features can be added such as video content and interactive web forms.
This site is hosted and managed on the SecuriHost Small Business WordPress Management plan. This allows the site be regularly updated with security patches and is monitored for suspicious activity. Site backups are also maintained.